TVRM’S FUTURE VISION: STRATEGIC PLANNING ABOARD HIWASSEE
TVRM Staff Forge Ahead: Strategic Planning on the Hiwassee Train
Even when the tracks are quiet, the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (TVRM) team is hard at work, preparing for the bustling seasons ahead. On a recent rainy day, a crucial planning session took place, not in a conventional office, but aboard the picturesque Hiwassee train, a location that underscores the unique nature of their work.
Aboard the Hiwassee: A Unique Setting for Strategic Discussions
The meeting brought together key TVRM staff members – Olivia Hovey, Josh Monroe, Jodie Brantley, Ryan Miller, and Tim Andrews. They gathered in one of the train’s dome cars, an inspiring setting that provided a panoramic view of the rain-soaked landscape. This environment was not only a reminder of the importance of their work but also a source of inspiration as they mapped out the future.
Charting the Course for the Next Two Years
The focus of the discussion was two-fold: assessing equipment needs and developing operating plans for the upcoming two years. The task is complex, involving logistical coordination, forecasting visitor trends, and ensuring that the museum continues to offer exceptional experiences to its visitors.
The Importance of Off-Peak Planning
This meeting highlights a crucial aspect of TVRM’s operations – the work that goes on behind the scenes, even during slower periods. It’s a testament to the dedication of the staff, who utilize these quieter months to strategize and plan, ensuring that TVRM remains a dynamic and engaging attraction throughout the year.
Looking Ahead: TVRM’s Commitment to Excellence
As TVRM looks forward to another year of operation, these planning sessions are integral to its success. The staff’s commitment to meticulous planning and strategic foresight is a cornerstone of the museum’s continued growth and popularity.
- What is TVRM’s main goal in its strategic planning?
- TVRM aims to balance historical preservation with modern operational needs, ensuring long-term success and sustainability.
- How does TVRM involve the community in its plans?
- TVRM engages the community through outreach programs, educational initiatives, and events that foster a deeper connection.
- What are some upcoming events at TVRM?
- Holiday Christmas Lights Train: A festive ride to enjoy sparkling Christmas lights and displays, perfect for getting into the holiday spirit.
- Missionary Ridge Local Train Ride: A historic short-line locomotive journey from Grand Junction Station to East Chattanooga, including a turntable demonstration and a tour of the workshop.
- Exhibit Admission: Offers all-day access to the property and exhibits, but does not include a train ride.
- Day Out with Thomas 2024: A family-friendly event featuring Thomas the Tank Engine with various themed activities.
- The Homefront Tea Room: A combination of traditional tea service and a historic train journey.
- Valentine Train Ride: A special event for Valentine’s Day including a four-course meal during a train ride.
- Dinner Train: A unique opportunity for a railroad excursion with fine dining en route.
- Hiwassee Loop: A 50-mile journey through the lower Hiwassee River gorge, culminating at the Hiwassee Loop.
- Chickamauga Turn: A 6-hour historic train ride to Chickamauga, Georgia, through rural landscapes.
- Summerville Steam Special: A scenic ride from Chattanooga to Summerville and back on a vintage steam engine train.
- Copperhill Special: A 94-mile round trip through the Hiwassee River Gorge to Copperhill, Tennessee, and McCaysville, Georgia.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner Train: A celebratory train ride to ring in the New Year with a four-course meal.
- North Pole Limited Christmas Train: A magical journey to the North Pole, featuring Christmas decorations and festive activities.
- Christmas Dinner Train Chattanooga: A holiday dining experience on a train.
- Santa’s Hiwassee Holiday: A holiday-themed train ride through the Hiwassee River Gorge with a visit from Santa.
- Railroad Summer Camp: A camp for kids with activities like train rides and arts and crafts.
- Nightcap With St. Nick: A holiday train ride for adults to enjoy a nightcap with St. Nick.
- Founder’s Day: Celebrating the history and legacy of TVRM with various activities.
- Founders Day: Night Photo Shoot Event: A night photo session to photograph rare locomotives.
- Evening Ridge Runner: A premier evening train journey in authentic mid-century passenger cars.
- Rising Railroad Professionals Overnight Camp: An overnight experience for aspiring railroaders and museum professionals.
- Christmas Tea: A special Christmas tea event with holiday favorites.
- How does TVRM ensure the safety of its operations?
- TVRM prioritizes safety by adhering to industry standards, regularly reviewing protocols, and training staff effectively.
- How does TVRM plan to use technology in its future operations?
- TVRM intends to integrate modern technology for maintenance, ticketing, and enhancing visitor experiences.
- What is the significance of the Hiwassee train meeting?
- The meeting symbolizes TVRM’s commitment to blending tradition with forward-thinking strategies.
- How can the public support TVRM’s future initiatives?
- The public can support TVRM through visits, donations, volunteerism, and participating in community programs.