Embark on a journey aboard our historic short-line locomotive! Our most regularly scheduled voyages, fondly known as “The Local,” initiate from our distinguished Grand Junction Station, heading towards East Chattanooga. Here, you’ll enjoy a stopover featuring an intriguing demonstration of a classic turntable, followed by a tour of our workshop.
Step into the grandeur of yesteryears at the TVRM Founder’s Day event! Celebrate over six decades of intricate railroad preservation, where the past meets the present in a symphony of steam and stories. From vintage locomotive displays to nostalgic exhibits, this event is a must-attend for history aficionados and train enthusiasts alike. Book your tickets now and be a part of this captivating journey through time.
Come out and join us as we celebrate 62+ years of railroad preservation!
Special Events throughout the day:
- Special Photo Exhibit in the lobby of Grand Junction Depot: “Steam in the Valley, TVRM’s Early Years” by John Coniglio
- On the grounds “history interpretation” will represent Military encampment and demonstrations.
- Also on display – a few trucks that helped TVRM stay on track.
- Special Equipment on display including Diesel 6914, Steam Engine 610, Diesel 8669 and more!
- Choo-Choo Forge Blacksmiths
- Exhibits in the Exhibit Building
- Model Railroad exhibit by the Tennessee Valley Model Railroaders, Inc will be open, in main office building, all day.
The Missionary Ridge Local will run a double schedule featuring 4501 and 630 on separate trains during the day and then as a double header for the 5:00 Missionary Ridge Local.
The Evening Ridge Runner will also be a double header and will have a longer stay at our East Chattanooga location for time to enjoy beverages and live music.
A special evening photo shoot is also planned and can be purchased separately.
Missionary Ridge Local Schedule for September 9:
(All time in Eastern Timezone)
- 9:30am: Southern 630
- 10:30am: Southern 4501
- 11:30am: Southern 630
- 12:30am: Southern 4501
- 1:30pm: Southern 630
- 2:30pm: Southern 4501
- 3:30pm: Southern 630
- 5:00pm: Double Header! 4501 + 630
- 6:30pm – 8:30pm: Dinner Train
- 7:00pm: Ridge Runner: Double Header to East Chattanooga, then return to Grand Junction with only 4501.
- 8:30pm – 9:45pm: Night photo session at East Chattanooga – Tickets