Celebrate the holiday with fine dining! Trips include a four-course dining experience on board a restored 1924 dining car.
- Dining Car Rider Priced per Seat • Tables seat up to 4
- Pullman Section Rider Priced per Seat • Tables of 2
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with a Romantic Train Ride!
The trip includes a four-course dining experience on board a restored 1924 dining car. The excursion trains depart from Chattanooga’s Grand Junction Station, traveling at a leisurely pace through portions of urban East Chattanooga before reversing direction and returning to Grand Junction. The travel time is just right for a complete meal on a vintage dining car.
Our Valentine’s Dinner Trains are one of our most popular excursions and for good reason! Our Dining Car Superintendent and his team of Dining Car Stewards and Chefs provide exceptional customer service and delicious food all prepared and served in historic dining cars. A meal on the Dinner Train is like stepping back in time and the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion!
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is pleased to offer this unique opportunity for patrons to enjoy not only a rail excursion trip but also fine dining en route while the train travels along the rails. We encourage you to choose your entrée when booking your tickets. You may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or Pullman Car Clover Colony (two per table for a slight premium charge).
Dining Car Table Ticket (Seats up to 4 passengers):
Current Dining Cars in uses:
Pullman Section Table (Seats 2 passengers):
We do not have a formal dress code for the dinner train, but most passengers seem to enjoy dressing up a bit.
The trains board at our Grand Junction depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please check the calendar for dates of operation and departure times.
Patrons may select their entrée of (sample):
- Carved English Roast of Beef topped with a Madeira Sauce
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Cumberland Sauce
- Crusted Filet of Salmon with a Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Other savory items include tomato bisque with creme fraiche and chives, homemade mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and assorted breads and butter
- Iced Tea (Sweet or Unsweet)
One dessert per person:
- A Triple Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Cheesecake with Strawberries
- Passengers may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table*) or the smaller tables for two in Pullman Car Clover Colony.
*Parties of less than four in the dining car are subject to assignment with other passengers. There is the occasional need to change another individual’s assigned seat, with group seats being particularly subject to reassignment. We appreciate your cooperation in these special circumstances.
- All rides are socially distanced for the safety of everyone.
- We are offering refunds to anyone that has been exposed to COVID-19 beforehand.
- All foot traffic will be one-way; arrows and signage are posted along all pathways.
- Guests are asked to wear face masks while on the train before and after dinner.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property, on board our trains, and where commonly used fixtures are handled.
- Our staff will be sanitizing facilities throughout the day, and after each train ride.
- Social distancing reminders are posted throughout the property.
- All employees are wearing face masks and are screened at the beginning of each day.
- As directed by the Hamilton County Health Department, masks are required in all enclosed areas including buildings and on the train.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it develops and follow the guidelines laid out by local officials.