Embark on a journey aboard our historic short-line locomotive! Our most regularly scheduled voyages, fondly known as “The Local,” initiate from our distinguished Grand Junction Station, heading towards East Chattanooga. Here, you’ll enjoy a stopover featuring an intriguing demonstration of a classic turntable, followed by a tour of our workshop.
See Fall Foliage on a Scenic Train Ride
Looking for some great ways to see the fall colors by train? Chattanooga and Delano offers many options to see the brilliant changing colors. Jump on board the Tennessee Valley Railroad for a variety of train rides that take you through the beautiful Tennessee valley or up on Hiwassee River. Ready to experience the beauty of Autumn like never before? Buy your train tickets online below.
The fall colors are at their peak in the forests near the Hiwassee River, and there’s no better way to enjoy them than on a scenic rail adventure excursion. Climb aboard an old-fashioned train and let the sound of the locomotive whistle take you back in time as you wind your way through the beautiful Appalachian Mountains. You’ll see some of the most stunning scenery in all of Tennessee and North Georgia, and there’s plenty of opportunity to spot wildlife along the way. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride!
Taking a train through the beautiful fall colors of Tennessee is an experience you won’t soon forget. Find your perfect trip with our selection below, which includes everything from short journeys around Chattanooga to longer trips up north on Hiwassee River trains! ↓
Embark on a remarkable 50-mile journey through the picturesque lower Hiwassee River gorge, culminating at the peak of the iconic Hiwassee Loop—a unique rail marvel found only in Farner, Tennessee, and just six locations across North America. Experience this 5-hour trip with no layovers, immersing in the history.
Embark on the Copperhill Train Ride, an extensive 94-mile round trip journey traversing the lower Hiwassee River Gorge and the unique Hiwassee Loop, culminating in the paired cities of Copperhill, Tennessee, and McCaysville, Georgia. Enjoy a self-paced lunch during a 90-minute layover, making your day-long adventure a memorable one.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best time for Fall Train Rides in Tennessee?
- Fall in Tennessee usually begins in late September and lasts till early November. This is the best time to enjoy the fall train rides.
- Are the fall train rides suitable for kids?
- Absolutely! Kids often love train rides and it could be a great educational trip as well.
- Are there dining options available on the train?
- Most of our trips do offer snack/dining options, but it’s best to check with the specific train service for details.
- Do I need to book my tickets in advance?
- Yes, it is advisable to book your tickets in advance as fall train rides can be quite popular.
- What should I pack for a fall train ride?
- A camera for the beautiful landscapes, binoculars for wildlife spotting, and a light jacket for the cool weather are recommended.