We offer charter options from either the Chattanooga Grand Junction Station or our Etowah Depot catering to your group’s requirements.
CHATTANOOGA AND DELANO FIELD TRIPS
Educational Rates for School & Camp Groups
- Minimum of 20 persons per group in season
- Minimum of 80 persons per group for a charter trip
Teachers: Please call our Passenger Sales Manager for more information at 423.894.8028, ext. 1017.
Join us on the Missionary Ridge Local for a fun and educational train ride through the Tennessee landscape. During your visit to the Chattanooga Grand Junction Station, kids can take a short tour, see inside the restoration shop, and watch a real railroad turntable in action. Additionally, we offer an optional age-specific railroad safety video or seasonal exhibit in our depot theater when available.
In addition to the train ride, we have outdoor railroad exhibits and a large picnic grove for your enjoyment. To make your visit even more convenient, we offer a variety of boxed lunch options including ham or turkey croissant sandwiches, chicken salad croissant sandwiches, hot dogs, corn dogs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. All of our meals come with chips, a cookie, and a bottle of water. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to experience the joys of rail travel!
Boxed Lunch Offerings:
- Ham or Turkey Croissant Sandwich – $8.00 (served with lettuce, tomato, and pickle on the side)
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich – $8.00 (served with lettuce, tomato, and pickle on the side)
- Hot Dog or Corn Dog – $6.00
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – $6.00
*ALL served with chips, cookie, and a bottle of water
The Hiwassee Field Trip is a perfect educational outing for students of all ages. This 1 hour and 15 minute excursion takes you through the stunning Cherokee National Forest and the lower Hiwassee River Gorge. Your journey begins at Gee Creek State Park near Etowah, TN, and is accompanied by special educational rates. This trip is a great opportunity for students to experience the beauty of nature and learn about the history and importance of railroads in our country.
- A 20% deposit is due at time of booking and is refundable if canceled at least 30 days prior to the trip.
- Final payment and passenger count is due 1 week prior for the Missionary Ridge Local trips and 2 weeks prior for any other trips
- Any changes in the number of passengers must be made at least 48 hours prior to the trip. Last-minute changes will not be refunded.