We offer charter options from either the Chattanooga Grand Junction Station or our Etowah Depot catering to your group’s requirements.
Educational Rates for School & Camp Groups
- Minimum of 20 persons per group in season
- Minimum of 80 persons per group for a charter trip
Teachers: Please call our Passenger Sales Manager for more information at 423.894.8028, ext. 1017.
Of course, the train ride is the highlight of a visit to Chattanooga Grand Junction Station, but children will also enjoy a short tour, glimpse inside the restoration shop, and experience a real railroad turntable. An optional age-specific railroad safety video or seasonal exhibit is offered inside the depot theater when available.
Outdoor railroad exhibits are available at Chattanooga Grand Junction as is a large picnic grove for your enjoyment.
Boxed Lunch Offerings:
- Ham or Turkey Croissant Sandwich – $7.00 (served with lettuce, tomato, and pickle on the side)
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich – $7.00 (served with lettuce, tomato, and pickle on the side)
- Hot Dog or Corn Dog – $5.00
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – $5.00
*ALL served with chips, cookie, and a bottle of water
Special educational rates are available for the Hiwassee Field Trip excursion, which is a 1 hour and 15 minute trip through the Cherokee National Forest and the beautiful lower Hiwassee River Gorge. The trip originates at Gee Creek State Park near Etowah, TN.
- A 20% deposit is due at time of booking and is refundable if canceled at least 30 days prior to the trip.
- Final payment and passenger count is due 1 week prior for the Missionary Ridge Local trips and 2 weeks prior for any other trips
- Any changes in the number of passengers must be made at least 48 hours prior to the trip. Last-minute changes will not be refunded.