Ride a vintage short line train! Our most frequent service trips — the “Local” — begin at our Grand Junction Station and travel to East Chattanooga for a layover to view a turntable demonstration.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 2 - 12
- Dome (Algonquin Park) Ages 14+
- Family Dome All Ages
- Observation Car Ages 14+
- Loop Family 4 Pack 2 Adults & 2 Children
Ride Through the Famous Hiwassee Loop
Enjoy a 50-mile roundtrip through the beautiful lower Hiwassee River gorge. This 4-hour trip takes you to the top of the famous Hiwassee Loop, where the tracks cross over themselves as they corkscrew up the mountain near Farner, Tennessee.
The railroad over which Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum trains travel on its Hiwassee River Rail Adventures was formerly part of the Louisville and Nashville Railroad’s Atlanta Division stretching between Etowah, Tennessee, and Marietta, Georgia.
This train departs from Delano (9406 hwy 411, Delano, TN 37325) and NOT from Chattanooga. Departure from Delano is 1:30 p.m., return is approximately 5:30 p.m.
- Snack items are available for sale on the train, including soft drinks, coffee, water, chips, crackers, and candy bars.
- You are also welcome to bring your own lunch with you (alcohol is prohibited).
- Souvenirs are sold onboard, including T-shirts, caps, and books.
- Restrooms are located on each train car.
- Trains consist of enclosed, climate-controlled coaches pulled by a diesel locomotive.
- Coach seating is open, while limited first-class tickets are available for reservation.
- Parking is located at 9406 Hwy 411, Delano, TN 37325
Special educational rates are available for the Hiwassee Loop excursion. Click here to learn more.