This event offers a unique way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved one. The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum offers a special train ride that includes a four-course meal. This event is a great way to enjoy a romantic evening out while also traveling through Chattanooga.
NEW YEAR’S EVE DINNER TRAIN
- Dining Car Table Priced per Table • Tables seat up to 4
- Pullman Section Table Priced per Table • Tables of 2
Celebrate New Year’s on a Train!
New Year’s Eve Dinner train trip includes a four-course dining experience onboard restored dining and pullman cars. The excursion trains depart from Chattanooga’s Grand Junction Station at 5:00 p.m. and 9:00p.m, traveling at a leisurely pace through portions of urban East Chattanooga before reversing direction and returning to Grand Junction. The travel time is just right for a complete meal on a vintage dining car.
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is pleased to offer this unique opportunity for you to enjoy not only a rail excursion trip but also fine dining en route while the train travels along the rails. We encourage you to choose your entrée when booking your tickets. You may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or Pullman Car Clover Colony (two per table for a slight premium charge).
Dining Car Table Ticket (Seats up to 4 passengers):
Current Dining Cars in uses:
Pullman Section Table (Seats 2 passengers):
We do not have a formal dress code for the dinner train, but most passengers seem to enjoy dressing up a bit.
The trains board at our Grand Junction depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please check the calendar for dates of operation and departure times.
Patrons may select their entrée of (sample):
- Carved English Roast of Beef topped with a Madeira Sauce
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Cumberland Sauce
- Crusted Filet of Salmon with a Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Other savory items include tomato bisque with creme fraiche and chives, homemade mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and assorted breads and butter
- Iced Tea (Sweet or Unsweet)
One dessert per person:
- A Triple Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Cheesecake with Strawberries
- Passengers may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table*) or the smaller tables for two in Pullman Car Clover Colony.
*Parties of less than four in the dining car are subject to assignment with other passengers. There is the occasional need to change another individual’s assigned seat, with group seats being particularly subject to reassignment. We appreciate your cooperation in these special circumstances.