Skip to primary navigation Skip to content Skip to footer


GRAND TRUNK WESTERN RAILROAD 899/"SILVER LAKE"

Built in 1954 by the Pullman-Standard Company for the Grand Trunk Western Railroad. It was originally built as a Parlour-Buffet car with seating for 22. It was rebuilt as a diner-club car in 1971 by the Canadian National Railway. This lightweight dining car was later owned by the Bluewater Michigan Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, who would convert the car into a full dining car with buffet end in the mid 1980s. They would lease and later donate the car to TVRM for our Dinner on the Diner and trips into Northwest Georgia.

Specifications:

Car: Grand Trunk Western Railroad 899/”Silver Lake”

Car Type: Dining Car

Operators: Grand Trunk Western Railroad, Bluewater Michigan Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum

Builder: Pullman-Standard Company

Date Built: 1954

Paint Scheme: Green and Black

Lettered: Grand Trunk Western

Status: Operational

Skip to toolbar