Celebrate the holiday with fine dining! Trips include a four-course dining experience on board a restored 1924 dining car.
- Dining Car Rider Priced per Seat • Tables seat up to 4
- Pullman Section Rider Priced per Seat • Tables of 2
Celebrate the Holidays with a Train Ride & Fine Dining
The trip includes a four-course dining experience on board a restored 1924 dining car. The excursion trains depart from Chattanooga’s Grand Junction Station, traveling at a leisurely pace through portions of urban East Chattanooga before reversing direction and returning to Grand Junction. The travel time is just right for a complete meal on a vintage dining car.
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is pleased to offer this unique opportunity for patrons to enjoy not only a rail excursion trip but also fine dining en route while the train travels along the rails. We encourage you to choose your entrée when booking your tickets. You may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or Pullman Car Clover Colony (two per table for a slight premium charge).
Dining Car (Seats up to 4 passengers):
Pullman Section (Seats 2 passengers):
We do not have a formal dress code for the dinner train, but most passengers seem to enjoy dressing up a bit.
The trains board at our Grand Junction depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please check the calendar for dates of operation and departure times.
Patrons may select their entrée of (sample):
- Carved English Roast of Beef topped with a Madeira Sauce
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Cumberland Sauce
- Crusted Filet of Salmon with a Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Other savory items include tomato bisque with creme fraiche and chives, homemade mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and assorted breads and butter
- Iced Tea (Sweet or Unsweet)
One dessert per person:
- A Triple Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Cheesecake with Strawberries
- Passengers may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or the smaller tables for two in Pullman Car Clover Colony.