Come to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and take a ride on the North Pole Limited Christmas Train! You’ll get to visit the North Pole and see all of the Christmas decorations. It’s the most popular annual event, and has been a family tradition since 1999.
CHRISTMAS DINNER TRAIN CHATTANOOGA
- Dining Car (Table for 1 Person) Priced per table • Tables seat up to 4
- Dining Car (Table for 2 People) Priced per table • Tables seat up to 4
- Dining Car (Table for 3 People) Priced per table • Tables seat up to 4
- Dining Car (Table for 4 People) Priced per table • Tables seat up to 4
- Pullman Section Priced per table • Tables seat up to 2
Celebrate the Holidays with a Train Ride & Fine Dining
Christmas Dinner train trip includes a four-course dining experience onboard restored dining and pullman cars. The excursion trains depart from Chattanooga’s Grand Junction Station, traveling at a leisurely pace through portions of urban East Chattanooga before reversing direction and returning to Grand Junction. The travel time is just right for a complete meal on a vintage dining car.
Our Christmas Dinner Trains are one of our most popular excursions and for good reason! Our Dining Car Superintendent and his team of Dining Car Stewards and Chefs provide exceptional customer service and delicious food all prepared and served in historic dining cars. A meal on the Dinner Train is like stepping back in time and the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion!
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is pleased to offer this unique opportunity for patrons to enjoy not only a rail excursion trip but also fine dining en route while the train travels along the rails. We encourage you to choose your entrée when booking your tickets. You may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or Pullman Car Clover Colony (two per table for a slight premium charge). NOTE: Passengers may book a dining car table with only 2 people. We will not seat you with anyone not in your party.
Patrons may select their entrée of (sample):
- Carved English Roast of Beef topped with a Madeira Sauce
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Cumberland Sauce
- Crusted Filet of Salmon with a Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Other savory items include tomato bisque with creme fraiche and chives, homemade mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and assorted breads and butter
- Iced Tea (Sweet or Unsweet)
One dessert per person:
- A Triple Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Cheesecake with Strawberries
- Passengers may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or the smaller tables for two in Pullman Car Clover Colony.
We do not have a formal dress code for the dinner train, but most passengers seem to enjoy dressing up a bit.
Dining Car Table Ticket (Seats up to 4 passengers):
Current Dining Cars in uses:
Pullman Section Table (Seats 2 passengers):
The trains board at our Grand Junction depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please check the calendar for dates of operation and departure times.