FALL EVENTS IN SUMMERVILLE
Fall into Fun: Summerville’s Season of Festivity
Stepping off the train around 1 p.m., the crisp autumn air of Summerville greeted us with the promise of seasonal joys. The vibrant foliage painted a welcoming backdrop to a town bustling with the spirit of fall festivities. Having just arrived, we were eager to partake in the ongoing celebrations that make the heart of this quaint town come alive.
September Kicks off with Flavor and Festivities
- Chili & Brunswick Stew Cook-Off (September 16): Test your taste buds at the Historic Summerville Depot with the best local stew masters from 10 am to 3 pm.
- Celebrate Local Living (September 30): Discover what makes Summerville unique from 9 am to 3 pm, and support local artisans and businesses.
October Overflows with Arts, Culture, and Community
- Sum Nelly Arts & Crafts Festival (October 7): Journey through a creative paradise at Dowdy Park, celebrating craftsmanship and artistry from 9 am to 3 pm.
- Renaissance Festival (October 14): Step back in time at Dowdy Park for a day of historical fun from 11 am to 5 pm.
- Old Fashioned Sunday Dinner (October 15): Enjoy homestyle comforts at the depot from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Sequoyah Quilt Show (October 21-22): Wrap yourself in the warmth of quilted masterpieces. Open Saturday 9 am-3 pm and Sunday 11 am-4 pm.
- Pumpkin Palooza & Halloween Candy Walk (October 28): Get into the Halloween spirit with pumpkins and sweets from 10 am to 3 pm.
November’s Grand Finale: Trains & Tracks Expo
- Trains & Tracks Expo (November 4-5): Conclude the fall festivities with a journey through model railroading and railroad history at the Historic Summerville Depot, from 10 am-3 pm on Saturday and 11 am-3 pm on Sunday.
Join us for these events and make lasting memories this fall in Summerville!