RIDE HISTORY ON THE MISSIONARY RIDGE LOCAL!
The Missionary Ridge Local: A Journey Through Time
After the track work, we are thrilled to announce that the Missionary Ridge Local is once again ready to welcome passengers onto its historic rails. This weekend marks a special occasion as we feature the vintage diesel 1829, a locomotive with a storied past and a robust heart, originally built for the U.S. Army in 1951. Having lived through decades of service, it found its way to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum (TVRM) in the early 1990s and has been a treasured part of our collection since.
Vintage Diesel 1829: A Living Legend
Diesel 1829 is not just an engine, it’s a living legend that offers a tangible link to past eras of train travel. As we celebrate its return to the tracks this weekend, we invite history buffs and train enthusiasts to experience the nostalgia of a bygone era. The train will run on Saturday and Sunday, offering rides at 11am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, and 3:30pm. Whether rain or shine, it promises to be the perfect escape into the warmth of historical discovery.
Enjoy Sweet and Savory Treats in The Depot Deli
Complementing your travel through time is the Depot Deli. Patrons can relish in the Deli Double Cheeseburger, enhanced with our signature house-made Deli Sauce, or the Super Nachos and Loaded Baked Potatoes. And for those with a sweet tooth, our Valentine’s Day-inspired treats like Red Velvet Cake rolls, Banana Cream Pie, and Valentine Sugar Cookies are sure to delight.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What can visitors learn about diesel 1829’s history at TVRM?
- Guests can dive into the engine’s rich background, its service to the U.S. Army, and its journey to becoming a part of TVRM. Our knowledgeable staff and available literature provide a wealth of information about its historical significance.
- Are there any special food items available at the Depot Deli for dietary restrictions?
- Absolutely! The Depot Deli prides itself on accommodating various dietary preferences. Visitors are encouraged to inquire with our friendly staff about options that can suit their dietary needs.
- Can private events be hosted aboard the Missionary Ridge Local?
- Yes, TVRM offers the unique opportunity to host private events aboard our trains. For more information on booking and customizing your event, please visit our website or contact our customer service.
A Historical Ride Not to Be Missed
This weekend at TVRM is not merely about taking a train ride; it’s about immersing oneself in a historical narrative that continues to unfold. It’s an invitation to be part of a community that values our shared heritage and finds joy in the simple pleasures of a train’s horn and the savory delights of a well-cooked meal.