Ride a vintage short line train! Our most frequent service trips — the “Local” — begin at our Grand Junction Station and travel to East Chattanooga for a layover to view a turntable demonstration.
This lightweight coach was built in 1947 by the American Car and Foundry for the Central of Georgia Railroad, where it was originally numbered 543. It was used on the “Nancy Hanks II”, a passenger train running between Atlanta, GA and Savannah, GA. It later served with the Central of Georgia Railroad’s successor, the Southern Railway, where it was renumbered 907. The 907 is similar to the 906, in that it is a formerly segregated car, or “Jim Crow” car, having been built with a dividing wall. However, the railroad later removed the dividing wall after the era of segregation on the railroads ended, making it a normal coach. Today, it remains a normal coach, with only the 2 sets of restrooms on each end of the car as an indicator of its segregated past.
Car: Central of Georgia Railroad 907
Car Type: Coach
Operators: Central of Georgia Railway, Southern Railway, Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
Builder: American Car and Foundry
Date Built: 1947
Number of Seats: 68
Paint Scheme: Tuscan Red
Lettered: Tennessee Valley