Fall Train Rides in Tennessee
Fall Colors in the Scenic City
Looking for some great ways to see the fall colors by train? Chattanooga and Etowah offers many options to see the brilliant changing colors. Jump on board the Tennessee Valley Railroad for a variety of train rides that take you through the beautiful Tennessee valley or up on Hiwassee River.
Missionary Ridge Local Trips
- Missionary Ridge Local Train Trips (55 minutes out of Chattanooga TN)
- Price: $17 for Adult, $11 for Child
- Jan.-Dec./Daily trips offered the majority of year & run multiple times a day. The Missionary Ridge Local trip begins at Grand Junction Station and takes passengers through the scenic Tennessee Valley, along one of the original railroad lines in Chattanooga, over four bridges, through a pre-Civil War tunnel, to the locomotive rotating turntable, and back.
Summerville Steam Special Train Trips
- Summerville Steam Special Train Trips (9 Hours out of Chattanooga TN)
- Oct. 6, 13, 20, 21, 27, 28; Nov. 3, 10, 11, 2018/9 am-6 pm. Hop on aboard a vintage train that follows a historic route from Grand Junction Station in Chattanooga to Summerville, Georgia and then back. There are a variety of cars and dining options. Explore the town of Summerville during the 75-minute layover. This is a great way to see the fall colors!
- No more trip schedule for 2018
Copperhill Special Train Trips
Hiwassee Loop Train Trips
- Hiwassee Loop Train Trips (3.5 Hours out of Etowah TN)
- Oct. 7, 11, 18, 24, 25; Nov. 1, 4, 11, 18, 25/1:30 pm departure Oct. 14, 21, 28/9 am & 1:30 pm departures. Enjoy a 50-mile round trip up the beautiful lower Hiwassee River Gorge and view the beautiful fall colors. This 3.5-hour trip will take you to the top of the famous "Hiwassee Loop" where the tracks cross over themselves as they corkscrew up the mountain near Farner, Tenn. Snack items/drinks available for purchase on the train. The train departs from Etowah, Tenn. not Chattanooga.