Enjoy a 50-mile roundtrip through the beautiful lower Hiwassee River gorge. This 5-hour trip takes you to the top of the famous Hiwassee Loop.
- Dining Car (1 or 2 people) Priced per Table • Tables seat up to 4 • Pricing varies depending on number of passengers
- Dining Car (3 people) Priced per Table • Tables seat up to 4 • Pricing varies depending on number of passengers
- Dining Car (4 people) Priced per Table • Tables seat up to 4 • Pricing varies depending on number of passengers
- Pullman Section Priced per Table • Tables of 2
A Unique Excursion with Fine Dining
This unique opportunity allows you to enjoy not only a railroad excursion trip but also fine dining en route while the train travels along the rails. Join the Tennessee Valley Railroad for dinner trains on select Fridays and Saturdays, March through October. The trips include a three-course dining experience onboard restored dining cars.
Our Dinner Trains are one of our most popular excursions and for good reason! Our Dining Car Superintendent and his team of Dining Car Stewards and Chefs provide exceptional customer service and delicious food all prepared and served in historic dining cars. A meal on the Dinner Train is like stepping back in time and the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion!
Dinner trains depart from Chattanooga’s Grand Junction depot in the evening, traveling at a leisurely pace through portions of urban East Chattanooga before reversing direction and returning to Grand Junction. The standard departure times are select Fridays and Saturdays at 6:30 PM. The travel time is just right for the complete meal aboard the moving train.
Patrons may select their entrée of (sample):
- Carved English Roast of Beef topped with a Madeira Sauce
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Cumberland Sauce
- Crusted Filet of Salmon with a Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Other savory items include tomato bisque with creme fraiche and chives, homemade mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and assorted breads and butter
- Iced Tea (Sweet or Unsweet)
One dessert per person:
- A Triple Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Cheesecake with Strawberries
Passengers may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or the smaller tables for two in Pullman Car Clover Colony.
We do not have a formal dress code for the dinner train, but most passengers seem to enjoy dressing up a bit.
Dining Car Table Ticket (Seats up to 4 passengers):
Current Dining Cars in uses:
Pullman Section Table (Seats 2 passengers):
The trains board at our Grand Junction depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please check the calendar for dates of operation and departure times.
Located within 10 minutes of our location: