Enjoy a 50-mile roundtrip through the beautiful lower Hiwassee River gorge. This 4-hour trip takes you to the top of the famous Hiwassee Loop.
- Dining Car Rider Priced per Seat • Tables seat up to 4
- Pullman Section Rider Priced per Seat • Tables of 2
A Unique Excursion with Fine Dining
This unique opportunity allows you to enjoy not only a railroad excursion trip but also fine dining en route while the train travels along the rails. Join the Tennessee Valley Railroad for dinner trains on select Fridays and Saturdays, March through October. The trips include a three-course dining experience onboard restored dining cars.
Dinner trains depart from Chattanooga’s Grand Junction depot in the evening, traveling at a leisurely pace through portions of urban East Chattanooga before reversing direction and returning to Grand Junction. The standard departure times are select Fridays and Saturdays at 6:30 PM. The travel time is just right for the complete meal aboard the moving train.
Dining Car (Seats up to 4 passengers):
Pullman Section (Seats 2 passengers):
We do not have a formal dress code for the dinner train, but most passengers seem to enjoy dressing up a bit.
The trains board at our Grand Junction depot, located at 4119 Cromwell Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Chattanooga is in the Eastern Time Zone. Please check the calendar for dates of operation and departure times.
Patrons may select their entrée of (sample):
- Carved English Roast of Beef topped with a Madeira Sauce
- Herb Roasted Stuffed Breast of Chicken with a Cumberland Sauce
- Crusted Filet of Salmon with a Roasted Sweet Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Other savory items include tomato bisque with creme fraiche and chives, homemade mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, and assorted breads and butter
- Iced Tea (Sweet or Unsweet)
One dessert per person:
- A Triple Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream and Fudge Sauce
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Cheesecake with Strawberries
Passengers may choose from true vintage dining in the Dining Car (four to a table) or the smaller tables for two in Pullman Car Clover Colony.
For package information, please contact our partner hotel:
Chattanooga Courtyard at Hamilton Place
- All rides are socially distanced for the safety of everyone.
- We are offering refunds to anyone that has been exposed to COVID-19 beforehand.
- All foot traffic will be one-way; arrows and signage are posted along all pathways.
- Guests are asked to wear face masks while on the train before and after dinner.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property, on board our trains, and where commonly used fixtures are handled.
- Our staff will be sanitizing facilities throughout the day and after each train ride.
- Social distancing reminders are posted throughout the property.
- All employees are wearing face masks and are screened at the beginning of each day.
- As directed by the Hamilton County Health Department, masks are required in all enclosed areas including buildings and on the train.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation as it develops and follow the guidelines laid out by local officials.