Enjoy a 50-mile round trip up the beautiful lower Hiwassee River gorge. This 3-1/2 hour trip will take you to the top of the famous "Hiwassee Loop" where the tracks cross over themselves as they corkscrew up the mountain near Farner, Tennessee.
Schedule & Cost
Please check website for dates of operation HERE. On dates shown, shuttle buses depart from Etowah at 1:30 PM. (A few dates include an early trip on which shuttle buses will depart Etowah at 9:15 AM and 1:30 PM.) Ticket prices vary by season and date; prices shown below are for Spring & Summer 2015: Cost is $40 adult and $30 children age 3-12. Children under 3 ride free if not occupying a seat. Prices are slightly higher during the peak Autumn season. All trains runs rain or shine. Ticket sales are final. Directions
New: Premium seating in dome or observation. See information here
Special rates available for groups of 25 or more, and charter trips can be arranged for groups of 80 or more. Contact the TVRM office for information.
- Snack items are available for sale on the train including: soft drinks, coffee, water, chips, crackers, and candy bars.
- Souvenirs are sold onboard including: t-shirts, caps, and books.
- Restrooms are located on each train car.
- Trains consist of enclosed, climate-controlled coaches pulled by a vintage diesel locomotive.
- All seating is general admission onto the train.
- NOTE: A loading ramp is available at the train boarding location. For anyone requiring special assistance, please contact the railroad office in advance at 423-894-8028 to arrange for directions to avoid having to ride the shuttle bus. More Information