Take an extended day-trip excursion through the lower Hiwassee River Gorge, over the Hiwassee Loop, and on to the joint cities of Copperhill, TN, and McCaysville, GA. Total 94 mile roundtrip. Have lunch on your own during the layover before returning to Etowah. Departure time is 9:15am and return is generally around 5:45pm.
See dates of operation HERE. The "Copperhill" route is the same as for “Loop” trips, but after traversing the river gorge and negotiating the spiral near Farner, the train continues a longer distance through Turtletown and Ducktown to the former mining town of Copperhill.
Ticket prices vary by season and date; prices shown below are for Spring & Summer 2013:
Cost is $52 adult, and $35 children age 3-12. Children under 3 ride free if not occupying a seat. Due to demand and limited capacity, prices are slightly higher during the peak Autumn season. All trains runs rain or shine. Ticket sales are final. Directions
New for 2013: Premium seating in dome or observation. See information here
Special rates available for groups of 25 or more, and charter trips can be arranged for groups of 80 or more. Contact the TVRM office for information.
- Snack items are available for sale on the train including: soft drinks, coffee, water, chips, crackers, and candy bars.
- Souvenirs are sold onboard including: t-shirts, caps, and books.
- Restrooms are located on each train car.
- Trains consist of enclosed, climate-controlled coaches pulled by a vintage diesel locomotive.
- All seating is general admission onto the train.
- A loading ramp is available at the train boarding location . For anyone requiring special assistance, please contact the railroad office in advance at 423-894-8028 to arrange for directions to avoid